⭐️Opens in any PDF file viewer
⭐️Ability to highlight, select, edit, save and print
⭐️Built-in search for words
How to download
To download the book in PDF format, register on this site, pay through the form of payment using a PayPal account or without a PayPal account - by paying by card in the form of PayPal.
After payment - return to the "Personal Account" - section "Downloads" on the site, where your PDF book will be available for download.
If for some reason you have difficulties with this process - send us a message and we will send your PDF book to your email.
About Teaching Assistant Handbook:
Language: English;Imprint: Hodder Education;
Written by Teena Kamen;
Size: 77 Mb;
Pages: 337 pages;
Last Published: 2015;
First Edition Published 2011;
Teaching Assistant's Handbook for Level 3 is a comprehensive and practical guide to supporting the development and learning of pupils in a variety of educational settings including primary, secondary and special schools as well as extended schools.
The book covers practical considerations such as:
- Supporting the teacher in the planning, delivery and evaluation of learning activities
- Maintaining pupil safety and security
- Supporting positive behavior
- Supporting assessment and record keeping
- Supporting speech, language and communication
- Supporting literacy and numeracy development
- Developing effective practice
- Supporting pupils with special educational needs
The book clearly links theory and practice by exploring different theoretical aspects of children's development (social, physical, intellectual, communication and emotional) and relating these to providing practical support for teaching and learning in schools.
The book explains complex theoretical issues in ways which can be easily understood, but is sufficiently challenging to assist students in developing a sound knowledge-base to complement their practical skills.
This book is for students (and their tutors/assessors) on teaching assistant courses and provides the background knowledge relevant to the requirements of supporting teaching and learning in primary, secondary and special schools.
- 1. Supporting child crud young person development [CYP 1)
- 2. Safeguarding children and young people (CYP 3.3)
- 3. Developing professional relationships [TDA 3.1, TDA 3.5)
- 4. Understanding schools as organisations [TDA 3.2)
- 5. Supporting children and young people's health and safety (CYP 3.4)
- 6. Supporting learning activities (TDA 3.3, 3.8 & 3.10).
- 7. Promoting positive behaviour [TDA 3.4)
- 8. Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion (TDA 3.6)
- 9. Engaging in team work and personal development (SHC 32, TW 3)
- 10. Supporting assessment for learning (TDA 3.7, 3.9 & 3.26)
- 11. Supporting speech, language and communication (EYMP 5, TDA 3.17 & 3.18)
- 12. Supporting literacy and numeracy development (TDA 3.11, 3.12 & 3. 15)
- 13. Meeting additional support needs [TDA 3.16, 3.19, 3.20, 3.21, 3.22 & 3.23)
- 14. Providing pastoral suppose (TDA 3.24, CYPOP 44, SCMP 2]
- 15. Supporting the wider work of the school (TDA 3.25, 3.27, 3.28 & 3.29)