⭐️Opens in any PDF file viewer
⭐️Ability to highlight, select, edit, save and print
⭐️Built-in search for words
How to download
To download the book in PDF format, register on this site, pay through the form of payment using a PayPal account or without a PayPal account - by paying by card in the form of PayPal.
After payment - return to the "Personal Account" - section "Downloads" on the site, where your PDF book will be available for download.
If for some reason you have difficulties with this process - send us a message and we will send your PDF book to your email.
Pages: 466 pages
First edition 2015
Reprinted 2016, 2018
Authors: Martin Burdfield, Stephen Redfern, Colin Fearn
Publisher: City & Guilds
This textbook is the essential resource for any learner looking to become a specialist site carpenter or bench joiner in the construction industry.
Written in line with the City & Guilds qualification specifications and assessment criteria, as well as the NOS, this resource provides the learner with all the information required to achieve the qualification and succeed in the workplace.
This resource contains a number of learning features including:
- case studies, learner activities, industry tips and test your knowledge questions
- technical illustrations and step-by-step photographs;
- illustrated trade dictionary;
- functional skills features to support apprentices;
- 'Our House' 3D model ling electronic or paper activities.
This book is suitable for learners who hold existing qualifications and/or have significant experience working in the sector, most likely in a supervisory capacity.
It is a must-have purchase for any learner undertaking an apprenticeship, NVQ or Level a Diploma in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery.
- Foreword by Craig Phillips
- About the author
- How to use this textbook
- Trade dictionary
- Chapter 1 Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Chapter 2 Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Chapter 3 Carry out first fix roofing and stairs
- Chapter 4 Carry out second fixing double doors and mouldings
- Chapter 5 Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Chapter 6 Manufacture shaped doors and frames
- Chapter 7 Manufacture stairs with turns
- Test your knowledge answers
- Picture credits