⭐️Opens in any PDF file viewer
⭐️Ability to highlight, select, edit, save and print
⭐️Built-in search for words
How to download
To download the book in PDF format, register on this site, pay through the form of payment using a PayPal account or without a PayPal account - by paying by card in the form of PayPal.
After payment - return to the "Personal Account" - section "Downloads" on the site, where your PDF book will be available for download.
If for some reason you have difficulties with this process - send us a message and we will send your PDF book to your email.
Pages: 438 pages;
Size: 27 MB;
First Published: 2014;
Updated in 2017;
Publisher: Hodder Education;
Written by Penny Tassoni;
Welcome to this book, which has been written to accompany the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce. Congratulations also for deciding to develop further your knowledge and practice with children.
Working professionally with young children is a demanding role. It is now recognised that the first few years of a child’s life can significantly impact on their later health, learning and well-being. There is research that indicates
that adults who work with children need a good knowledge of child development, how children learn and sensitivity, as well as the everyday practical skills. It is also recognised that working with young children in the early years sector is a profession in its own right and this is reflected in the title of your Level 3 qualification.
To help you achieve your qualification, the book has been written to follow the units and there are many features included in each unit that should help you to link theory to your everyday practice, know where to find out more or to help you approach the assessments. These features are explained on pages vi–vii.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you should have gained the skills and experience needed to work effectively with young children and their families.
With this qualification, you can work in a range of different early years settings including nurseries and per-schools, or develop your own business as a childminder or a nanny, for example. You may also be able to use this qualification as a steppingstone onto other qualifications or into other associated career paths (subject to their admission requirements).
- How to use this book
- Theme 1 Health and well-being
- Unit 1.1 Support healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
- Unit 1.2 WB Promote healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
- Unit 1.3 WB Support children's physical care routines
- Unit 1.4 WB Promote the emotional well-being of children
- Unit 1.5 Understand how to support children who are unwell
- Theme 2 Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Unit 2.2 Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
- Unit 2.3 WB Fellow legislation relating to the health and safety of children
- Unit 2.4 WB Fellow legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Unit 2.5 WB Working in partnership
- Theme 3 Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Unit 3.1 Understand the value of play in early years
- Unit 3.2 WB Plan, lead and review play opportunities, which support children's learning and development
- Unit 3.4 WB Promote enabling play environments
- Unit 3.5 WB Developing children’s emergent literacy skills
- Unit 3.6 WB Developing children’s emergent mathematical skills
- Unit 3.7 WB Support children’s transition to school
- Unit 3.9 WB Develop children’s cognitive skills
- Unit 3.10 WB Promote children’s speech, language and communication
- Unit 3.11 WB Promoting children’s physical development
- Unit 3.12 WB Promoting children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Unit 3.13 Support children with additional needs
- Unit 3.14 Use observation, assessment and planning to promote the development of children
- Unit 3.15 Use longitudinal studies to observe, assess and plan for children’s needs
- Theme 4 Professional development
- Unit 4.1 Engage in professional development
- Useful resources